Dean's Information Treasure Chest

Sunday, May 13, 2007

What is a Husband's Role on Mother's Day?

Hi everyone,

Being a married father of 2 girls, aged 11 and 13, I have always wondered what my role is on Mother's Day with respect to my wife. When the children were young I always planned all the activites for the day, bought the presents, helped them make the cards etc... However, now they are older and I have found for the most part I am still doing that. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind planning the day as I think my wife is a great mother to the girls. However, is my involvement basically interference now? Am I taking away from the day by doing too much for the girls and not having them actually think hard about what there mother does and means to them?
On the flip side I do have my own mother who is alive and well and I always honour her on Mother's Day. Should this be where I put my efforts, and then allow my daughters to handle the Mother's Day at home. My wife seems to have figured all this out for herself as on Father's Day her famous line is "he is not my father". Maybe she has the whole idea right.
Any thoughts?
cheers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home